Someone has rightly said, ‘you never really know a woman until you’ve seen her jewellery.’ And we agree to every bit because we understand the love that a woman holds for her jewellery. It is probably one of her most prized possessions, jewellery is not just a piece of accessory it is something that defines her and is an extension of her personality. A woman may have treasured boxes of jewellery but the moment she sees a new necklace, no one can stop her from owning that.
These precious jewels need an extra care, keeping them in closed boxes is just not enough. We know how much you love bling, possibly every woman’s wish list has owning atleast a dozen of them. In order to let your jewellery last longer and to make sure that it doesn’t lose its sparkle, you need some quick tips and tricks to maintain the freshness of your jewellery, so that it looks like you’re coming straight out of a jewellery store each time you wear it.
A woman’s best friends, diamonds are the most luxe addition to your jewellery reserve. It is always advisable to take off your diamonds off before going to sleep. To keep it clean, use a soft brush dipped in warm water and mild detergent, rinse under running water.
Unlike silver and other metals, gold doesn’t tarnish and isn’t as delicate as silver. It gets smudged by the oils in your skins, moisturizers or makeup and hence loses its sheen with rugged use. To keep it clean, follow these steps:
- Clean it with mild detergent and lukewarm water and wipe it with soft cloth at least every once a week. Use a soft toothbrush to gently scrub the jewellery
- Keep your gold ornaments away from chemicals like ammonia or chlorine as they weaken the metal
- The easiest way to clean gold is with white vinegar. Keep your jewellery in a bowl of white vinegar and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Scrub it off with a toothbrush and the jewellery will get its shine back
- In case your gold jewellery has precious stones, avoid cleaning it with alcohol-based liquid
Feminine, ethereal and organic. Pearls require an extra care since they’re soft, porous and often suffer discolouration with time when not worn for long. Pearls may absorb chemicals instantly. Keep it away from soapy water, ultrasonic cleaners or any chemical solution to maintain its colors and texture. To clean your pearls, wipe it with a moist cloth and you’re done.
Some common tips:
- Always apply moisturizer, lotion, hairspray, body oil etc. before wearing your jewellery
- Store it in a fabric-lined box, separately wrapped in tissue to prevent scratches.
Don’t wait, replenish your jewellery with these easy tips and shine on!